ICDM 2013 Travel Grants
ICDM 2013 is able to offer travel grants to graduate students attending the conference. These grants are supported by the National Science Foundation grant IIS-1313551.
The purpose of the NSF sponsored student travel grants is to encourage graduate student participation at the conference by partially funding the costs of students who would otherwise be unable to attend. Applications for NSF sponsored grants are accepted only from students at degree granting institutions throughout the USA.
All students at US-based institutions are encouraged to apply. Other criteria will include evidence of a serious interest in data mining research, as demonstrated by coursework and project experience. ICDM encourages participation of women and under-represented minorities, as well as participation of students from under-represented institutions.
Information is provided below on eligibility and application requirements for these grants. The required documentation should be submitted as a single document, no later than midnight US PST, October 24, 2013, at https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/ICDMTA2013/ in PDF format. Late submissions, or documents in other formats will not be accepted.
What is covered
The maximum amount of support provided to each grantee is set by the committee, and it is intended to partially cover the grantee's lodging and registration. Travel may or may not be partially covered depending on the total availability of funds and the number of awards given.
How to apply
Students interested in apply for travel grants should submit an application (as one PDF file) that includes:
- A CV that indicates the institution where the individual is currently studying / working,
- A letter from the applicant including:
- A brief statement of the applicant’s research interests, accomplishments, and future research plans,
- A description of how the grant will help them with their research plans, and
- Any information that the student feels relevant for supporting their application, including title of the paper and names and affiliations of the co-authors if the student is an author
- A recommendation letter from the student’s advisor supporting the application. The letter should include:
- Confirmation that the applicant was a student in good standing at the time the paper was submitted to ICDM,
- A description of how the applicant will benefit from attending ICDM, and
- An explanation of why the student is in need of the travel grant.
The documents should be merged and uploaded as a single PDF file. All applications using other formats will be rejected.
Upload the document at https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/ICDMTA2013/. The Title of the application should be "ICDM 2013 travel grant application".
The deadline is midnight US PST, October 24, 2013.