Due by April 2, 2013
The 13rd IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (IEEE ICDM 2013) invites proposals for half- or full-day workshops to be held on December 8, 2013. Workshops are expected to focus on new research directions on, and novel applications of, data mining.
Each workshop will solicit papers for peer review. Furthermore, as in previous years, papers that are not accepted by the main conference will be automatically sent to the workshop selected by the authors when the papers were submitted to the main conference. By the unique ICDM tradition, all accepted workshop papers will be published in a formal proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society Press.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in plain text or PDF, by email to both Workshop Chairs, Wei Ding and Takashi Washio, and must include the following elements:
- Title and acronym of the workshop
- Duration (full-day or half-day)
- Description of the workshop topic, and a draft version of CFP (not exceeding 500 words)
- Short description on how the organizers plans to attract quality submissions
- Preliminary list of invited speakers (if any)
- Past records (if any)
- Short bio of the organizers
- Tentative program committee
- Contact information of the organizers (including name, affiliation, mailing address, and e-mail address)
After a workshop proposal is accepted, the organizers should create a Web page for the workshop and notify the workshop chairs of its URL. The main conference web site will provide a link to each workshop.
- April 2, 2013: Workshop proposal due
- April 30, 2013: Notification
- May 7, 2013: Each workshop organizer sends out Call for Workshop Papers
- August 3, 2013: Due date for full workshop papers
- September 27, 2013: Notification of workshop papers acceptance to authors
- October 15, 2013: Camera-ready deadline for accepted papers
- December 7, 2013: Workshop date